The Postnatal Distress Centre provides psychotherapy and counselling for pregnant women, new mothers and fathers, men and women facing issues of postnatal distress, depression, anxiety, relationship issues, trauma and sexual abuse, anger issues, grief and loss or any other form of psychological distress.
Susan Goldstiver is a Registered Psychotherapist with the Psychotherapists Board of Aotearoa New Zealand (PBANZ). Talking confidentially to Susan about your feelings can help you to alleviate your stress, feel supported and reduce your symptoms and distress. You will benefit from developing positive strategies enabling you to move forwards in your life with increased contentment, empowerment, freedom, happiness and awareness, and with a sense of choice and positive change.
Susan’s clients are adult women, men and couples from all backgrounds and walks of life. She does not work with children or adolescents.
Susan also provides therapeutic and psychological help for everyday situations including:
- Trauma including physical abuse, sexual abuse and neglect.
- Difficulties in relationships
- Loss and grief after separation or divorce
- Relationship break ups
- Dealing with the loss of a loved one
- Dealing with the unexpected (redundancy, mid-life crises, sudden illness)
- Personal development
- Anxiety including panic attacks and feeling helpless
- Eating disorders
- Low self esteem
- Age related concerns
- Work related stress
- Sexuality and sexual orientation
- Self harming behaviours
- Suicidal thoughts
If you would like to know more about how talking to Susan could help go to
www.postnataldistress.co.nz or phone Susan 021 333 021